Badia a Coltibuono Chianti Classico Cultus Boni Riserva 2017

€22.50
+ -

description

Details of wine

In the sub-area of ??Gaiole in Monti Chianti rises the vineyard that gives origin to the Chianti Riserva "Cultus Boni" of the Badia a Coltibuono company .. Precise and elegant expression of Chianti Classico. The company has always been able to respect and enhance the territory by practicing organic farming since 1994, managing to always maintain the highest quality standards.
This wine comes from a blend made up of 80% Sangiovese grapes and the remaining 20% ??from other autochthonous blends such as Ciliegiolo, Mammolo, Canaiolo. The vineyards are located at an altitude of about 300 meters facing south-west with a soil of medium texture rich in skeleton. The harvest is carried out strictly by hand with selection of the best grapes. We proceed with a maceration of about 40 days in contact with the skins and only indigenous yeasts are used. It continues with an aging of about 18 months in barrels of various sizes and also partly in French oak barrels.
The "Cultus Boni" Chianti is a wine of great harmony and complexity. Bright ruby ??red color. On the nose the floral and ripe fruit notes are very intense. In the mouth it is silky, enveloping, warm. It enjoys an excellent balance between freshness and flavor. It is particularly persistent.

FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER 49 EURO

Color

Rosso rubino molto intenso e brillante.

Smell

Presenta note fruttate a predominanza di ciliegia marasca e frutta matura, che ben si integra con la fragranza balsamica e le note speziate rilasciate dall'affinamento.

Taste

Ha buon corpo, è fresco e con tannini ben definiti. E' un vino elegante, pieno e morbido.

Pairings

Arrosto, selvaggina, formaggi.

Details

Features

YEAR 2017
VINES Canaiolo Nero, Ciliegiolo, Colorino, 80% Sangiovese, Mammolo, Malvasia Nera, Pugnitello
TRAINING SYSTEM Guyot
ALCOL 14.50
FORMAT 0,75 L Standard
COLLECTED 9 Settembre / 7 Ottobre. Manuale scegliendo dalle esposizioni più favorevoli.

Details

Informations

CLASSIFICATION DOCG Chianti Classico
TEMPERATURE 16-18
LOCATION Gaiole in Chianti (SI)
GROUND Medio impasto ricco di scheletro.
REFINEMENT 24 mesi in botti di varie misure e barriques di rovere francese.
PLANTS FOR HECTARE 5500-6600
WINEMAKING Fermentazione naturale con lieviti autoctoni, macerazione di circa 40 giorni sulle bucce, follatura.
DECANTING 1 ora

Details

Awards

EXPERT YEAR MARK
EXPERT YEAR MARK
Red shramp 2015
Veronelli 2015
James Suckling 2013 93
James Suckling 2016 93

User Reviews:

There are no reviews for this wine yet. Let us know your opinion!

Name: Badia a Coltibuono
Start-up year: 1057
Cultivated hectares: 62
Winemaker name: Roberto Stucchi Prinetti, Maurizio Castelli
Address: Loc. Badia a Coltibuono - Gaiole in Chianti (SI)
Web Site: www.coltibuono.com

Badia a Coltibuono is about one thousand years old but its prehistory takes us back to Estrucan times and beyond. As we know it today, Badia a Coltibuono (which means Abbey of the Good Harvest), dates from the middle of the eleventh century. In 1051 the monks of the Vallombrosan Order, a Tuscan reform of the Benedictines, founded the Abbey and also began planting the first vineyards in the Upper Chianti area. Over the centuries they extended their vast land holdings to include many thousands of acres and developed a flourishing wine production and commerce. In 1810, when Tuscany was under Napoleonic rule, the monks were forced to leave Coltibuono and the monastery was secularized. The estate was first sold by lottery and then in 1846, Coltibuono was bought by Guido Giuntini, a Florentine banker and great grandfather of Piero Stucchi-Prinetti, the present owner. Under the guidance of Piero Stucchi Prinetti, the estate grew and built a solid reputation in Italy and abroad through the high quality of its products. Nowadays, his children Roberto, Emanuela and Paolo continue the activities embarked upon by their ancestors.