Name: Chateau La Marzelle Address: Route de Libourne ed 243 - Saint-Emilion (France) Web Site: https://lamarzelle.com/en/
In the 18th century, the La Marzelle estate belonged to the Largeteau family. The family had acquired the domaine from the Religieux de Faises, lords of extensive fiefdoms including the old abbey in nearby Artigues de Lussac. In 1821, the name La Marzelle appeared on the Belleyme map.
In 1925, the reference "premier cru classé" first appeared on the bottle. Although the official Saint-Emilion classification did not yet exist, this attests to the reputation of this wine and therefore of the château in this period.