Name: Chateau Sénéjac Address: 1589 Allée Saint-Seurin - Le Pian Médoc (France) Web Site: https://www.en.senejac.com/
On the land which dominates the river of l'Aygue Longue, in the middle of the vines, a park with centenary trees and livewells nestles : Château Sénéjac.
Nicolas de Bloys is the first known owner. In the 16th century, this spirited squire - husband of Jeanne Fleix - planted the first vines on the estate.
In the 18th century, the castle was bought by Joseph-Ignace de Chatard, a member of the Bordeaux Parliament. In 1746, he sold Sénéjac to his nephew, Jean-Louis Baour, future mayor of Pian-Médoc, who undertook the construction of new buildings.
In 1999 Charles de Guigné sold Château Sénéjac to Lorraine Cordier, also owner of Château Talbot, Grand Cru Classé in Saint-Julien. A new impulse is given to the vineyard to bring it up to the level of the best Médoc wines.
Since 2011, when Lorraine Cordier passed away, her nieces Philippine and Marguerite and her nephew Gustave have taken over the family property, supported by their parents Nancy Bignon-Cordier and Jean-Paul Bignon.