Name: Domaine du Cayron Start-up year: 1840 Cultivated hectares: 17 Address: 59 rue de la Libération - Gigondas (France) Web Site: www.domaineducayron.com/en
Domaine de Cayron has been run by the Faraud family for the past four generations, opening in 1840 at the foot of the Dentelles de Montmirail.
The fifth and current generation is run by the three Faraud sisters. The eldest, Delphine, is in charge of sales, accounting and client relations, while Cendrine and the youngest Roseline, armed with their combined knowledge and savoir-fair, work together to produce high-quality wines while, guided by their father, Michel Faraud, remaining true to age-old traditions.
The estate comprises 17 ha (42 acres) of clay marl and limestone, sand and gravel.
We have around 20 separate plots, which are located throughout the Gigondas appellation, along the Dentelles de Montmirail (2.5ha at the neck of the Cayron at 400m high) and across garrigue, including 2ha of vineyard in the Bois de Menge that are up to 70 years old.